Real Estate Law Investment Protection

Attorney Paul Burkett has been involved in closing real estate transactions for more than 20 years.  He can assist with real estate contracts for sales and purchases which include both buyer and seller representation for both residential and commercial property transactions. He can guide you through contract negotiation, signing and get you to a title agent for the settlement and transaction.  He also handles selected real estate problems including divisions of family property and easements, which can usually be handled by agreement of the parties, and the review signing of a deed or contract. Whether you need a simple contract drafted or an entire closing review, he will be glad to assist you. Some of the common real estate matters include:

  • Draft and negotiate purchase and sale agreements
  • Review, negotiate closing of construction and permanent financing loans
  • Resolving land-use and zoning issues
  • Negotiating landlord-tenant matters
  • Handle construction issues, partnership concerns, survey and title issues
  • Assist clients in the purchase and disposition of real estate assets
  • Title Search and Exam, Curative title work and issuing of title insurance policies
  • Resolve and litigate real estate related disputes
  • Represent mortgage companies and banks in real estate-secured financing
  • Draft and negotiate contracts, leases, escrow arrangements


A word from attorney Paul Burkett about representation at closings:

At some closings, the attorney represents the lender. The purchaser and seller also sometimes believe they are being represented at the closing but may not have any representation. It is my belief that everyone needs to make sure that their interests are adequately represented. Real Estate purchases and sales can seem simple and easy, until there’s a problem. Then what seemed simple becomes complicated. It seems easy enough until we realize there was a problem that should have been addressed at the closing. Then we ask, “Why didn’t I have someone representing me at the closing?”